Monday, May 29, 2006

Sri Muda

When I shifted to Shah Alam, we stayed in a place called Taman Sri Muda. I really don't know why my parents chosed this place in the first place. It was so far away from our roots in KL. It was a new area then. Can't really remember all the neighbours. Everyone just kept everything to themselves. I was really upset, to have shifted to a place so far and have to make friends all over again. Back in KL, I know all my neighbours and I have so many friends and memories there.

So I ended in Sri Muda, Shah Alam. Never really have any friends in Shah Alam though, as I was schooled in Klang. The friends that I have in Sri Muda were those who goes to the same school as me. Just a few of them. The first impression about Sri Muda was, it's not a good place to live in as it is surrounded by factories (Shah Alam being the industrial hub for Selangor). The composition of the races who stays in Shah Alam was quite equal between the chinese, malays and indians.

Then disaster strucked! It was in 1995. I can still remember it quite clearly. It was Christmas eve. I was working in Jusco Klang after my SPM. It was raining the whole day. After work, my colleague offered to send me home with his bike (if not, I have to take a fucking bus and I'll reach home around midnight). It was still raining. When we reached the entrance to Sri Muda, I saw a lot of cars parked at the roadside and there were traffic police at the entrance stopping vehicles who wanted to get in. It was chaos. As I walked to my house, I saw some of the lower areas were already flooded and waters in the drain was spilling out. It was mud water not rain water. As I reached my home around 11 something, I informed my father that some of the areas were flooded and he just answered me, "It will be okay. Nothing will happen". He was sleeping. So I thought, " What the heck". I just went straight to bed. Then around 5 something in the morning, my father came knocking on the door calling out my name and telling me to wake up and help move the furniture. When I went down to the living room and outside the house, I saw the road was already flooded. My house was still safe. But the water was rising quickly. It took only 20 minutes for the flood water to rise till my waist. Then one by one the electric and then the phone line went down. It was pitch dark and the situation was like a war zone. When the sun came up, I went to look for my friends and we took a walk around the neighborhood. The whole of Sri Muda was flooded. And people actually broke into 'Hope In' convenient store and grabbed everything. The flood water only subsided after 3 days. There were nothing much to do during that 3 days. Just look at the 'scene'. When I had to take a leak, I just piss in the flood water like what people usually do in public swimming pool. When I had to shit, I just shit in a plastic bag or plastic container and just let it float in the flood water. It was back to the basics. No proper food, no bathing for 3 days.


After the flood, the chinese started moving out as they can't bear another episode of flooding. That's when the problem started with Sri Muda. When the chinese leaves, the indians came in. And the ratio of the races is not even equal anymore. Sri Muda is becoming less and less pleasant to stay in. Crime rates soared to a record high, criminals were born, and soon Sri Muda became a 'black area'. One of my mates Wong, who is residing in New Zealand will come back to Sri Muda once in a while as his mom is still staying there. Wong stayed in Sri Muda for 3-4 years. He came back last year. One day, he told me that he took a cab from KL to go back to Sri Muda.

Cab driver: Wahhh!!!! Sri Muda arrr. Itu tempat banyak teruk arr. Banyak kes. Saya pun takut mau pigi sana.....(hinting that Wong might require to pay more)

Wong : Yahlor. Saya duduk sana pun manyak takut worrr...

Cab driver: Hari itu arr saya punya saudara dia pun bawak teksi. Dia bawak satu customer mau pigi Sri Muda lar. Sampai Sri Muda arr itu customer ambik pisau keluar mau rompak dia. Lepas itu dia kena tikam dekat perut!!!!! Masuk hospital...

Wong: Wahhhhhhhh!!!! Manyak horror...

Cab driver: Lepas itu arrr, dia keluar hospital . Dia sudah sembuh lar. Dia pun bawak teksi balik lar. Lagi dia kena rompak dekat Sri Muda!!! Sekarang dia tak mau masuk Sri Muda lagi!!!!

Wong: (stunned!)

They keep on chatting till they reached Sri Muda. Just before the taxi enters Sri Muda, the cab driver took out his walkie-talkie and said:

Cab driver: Roger! Roger! Sekarang saya sudah mau masuk Sri Muda arr... Saya ulang, sekarang saya sudah mau masuk Sri Muda. Sekarang ialah pukul 5.25 petang. Roger! Roger!

What the fuck!! He needs to inform his colleagues when he is entering Sri Muda!! Besides Indians, there are also a lot of Banglas, Myanmars, Vietnams and I also don't know where the fuck they came from who lives in Sri Muda. It's just like the United Nations. All the muthafuckers who stays there except a tiny portion including me and family are fuckos!! Just imagine, the 'mat rempit' (mat motor) who rent a house in Sri Muda will turn the house into a fucking workshop and they will try to modify their fucking bike day and night to try to get into the Moto GP I guessed without thinking about other people who stays near them. This is because, while they are modifying their fucking bikes, they will just blast the fucking motor. It is so loud and they just don't give a fuck!!. Then there are those fucking Indian songs, fuckos who parks their car in the middle of the road and quite a lot of fuckers who turned their house into a fucking temple and a lot more lar!!!. Sigh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


But..........I'm not staying there anymore. That's right. I'm out of that shit hole!!!!! Right now i'm staying in an upscale area in Puchong. I'm just so happy.
FUCK YOU Sri Muda's inhabitants!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home