Friday, April 14, 2006

Best Time In Life - Part I

Lately I've been thinking quite a lot about the time when I was still a student. I really miss those fucking years!!! Its quite funny that as a student, what I really need to do is just enjoy myself, sleep, eat, smoke, watch TV and whatever I wanted to do except study.

You see, when I was 13, I shifted to Shah Alam from KL and I got into a school in Klang where I continue to horn my skills in truancy. Being new in a town (Klang) where I hardly know anyone or anything except that it's famous for Bah Kut Teh, it's really hard for me to adjust to life especially the communication part!!! Back in KL, every Chinese speaks Cantonese. But this is not the case in Klang. There, they speak in Hokkien. Come on!! I don't even know what the fuck is Hokkien. What I know about Hokkien then, is the Hokkien mee.

I still remember quite clearly the first day I'm supposed to report to school. I was in form one then. I took a fucking bus from Shah Alam to Klang. If you are an avid Lost (the TV series) fan, then you'll know how I felt when I first arrived in Klang. I'm totally lost. I don't know how to get to the fucking school!!! This is bad. Please don't tell me to skip school on the very first day!!! I still need to know how to get to the school! As things might not have been better, in front of me was a roundabout. At this point, I have to make the very first important decision of my life- which route to take? Then I looked at the signboard. If I'm not mistaken, the school is located at Jalan Meru. So I just followed the Jalan Meru direction and after around 10 minutes of walking, there it was - High School Klang.

And now's the tricky part. How do I communicate with all the fuckos here?? The very first fuck head who asked me a question in Hokkien is a bastard named Chee Meng.
Chee Meng : "Leh ooh ching lai sar boh"? (Are you wearing a bra?)
Me: (looked stunned and scratching my head because I don't understand a single word he said)

And it turned out that this muthafucker is actually a Cantonese and he just want to look at my stunned face for fun!!! Well, I don't blamed him. Everyone just want to have fun. As I'm an intelligent and also a good looking guy(errmm...), I've picked up Hokkien quite fast. After spending 7 years in that school (from form one to upper six), I found out that what I really learned there is Hokkien. What a place. I won't forget this place as long as I live as this is the place where I made so many wonderful friends. Part of my "bestest" times were spent here.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home