Wednesday, April 26, 2006

When Boys Became Men

I received a sms a couple of weeks ago from one of my mates. This is how the message goes:

13/04/2006 17.44
I got my new baby boy today 13/04/2006 at about 5pm.

It strucked me then that how fast times past by. One of my friends who is one year younger than me just became a father. I've known this guy for quite some time. We went to the same school and did all the sports stuff together (soccer and sepaktakraw). I still remember quite clearly the first time I met him. It was in the school bus. I just shifted to Shah Alam and I was in form one. He was wearing a short blue pants (primary school uniform). And now, he's a proud father of a healthy boy. From a twelve year old kid to a father. I guess it must've taken quite some courage and time to do that. But it seems like we are travelling in the speed of light or at least he is travelling in the speed of light!!

"Life is just a cycle". You came into this world, you go to school, get a job, buy a car, buy a house , get married, have children. Then when you know it, you are already lying six feet under the ground. Then it will start all over again. No use sighing........

My heartiest congratulation to Surish and family. May you find a new meaning in life with your new baby.



Then, there was Tat's wedding on the 19th of March 2006. I was part of his best men team. But we failed. We failed big time because we offered no help at all. We were supposed to help him to get through all the obstacles thrown at him by the bride's side, we were supposed to drive members of the bride's side to the temple then to the groom's home, but we end up offering nothing and to make matters worse, our mind were only on DOTA!!! And Eddie even showed up late at the dinner like he is the one getting married. But in the end, we concluded that we passed on 2 ocassions; the 'yam seng' part and the photography sessions.



SALUTE!!!!!!!!!!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home