Monday, April 30, 2007

Datuk? Tuan? Cikgu? - Just Call Me Bro

Just quite recently, Federal CID Director, Comm Datuk Christopher Wan said there is no need to address our men in blue as Datuk or Tuan. We can just call them Encik. But I prefer to call them Bro. Just yesterday, I had an encounter with a Bro. I was driving along the LDP near Puchong and then suddenly a traffic policeman (Bro) on a high powered Honda waved to me and instructed me to pull over. As a law abiding citizen, I then pulled over and stopped at the road shoulder. Even though I'm a law abiding citizen, my mind was still thinking, "Did I do anything wrong?". But clearly, I did not. So I pulled out my wallet to get my driver's licence and to check how much money I have just in case I have to 'use' some money. The Bro then asked me to open up my car bonnet. I stepped out of the car to see what he wants and just to make sure he didn't put anything inside my car bonnet. But I can see that the Bro was quite disappointed when there's nothing illegal in my car bonnet. Then I asked him,

Me: Ya Bro. Apa problem?
Bro: Tak de. Nak check bonnet saja. Saya selalu buat random check.
Me: Oohh.
Bro: IC, lesen semua saya tak mau tengok. Saya mau tengok bonnet saja.
Me: Ok (Stunned!!)

How can the Bro not follow the normal procedures where he should check whether I have a valid driving licence or if my road tax is still valid? After all, he's a traffic cop. But I guess this Bro is more interested in what's in my car bonnet rather than if I should be on the road or not. Kudos Bro!!! So, to all of you out there who has an expired driving licence or road tax, there is no need to worry as our Bro is more interested in some other things.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home